What Type of Escape Rooms Does Extreme Escape Offer?
The concept of escape rooms is relatively new in the U.S., but many avid gamers are already familiar with these live action adventures. The escape room craze is catching on so quickly there are now different types of escape rooms that players can take on.
Escape rooms typically fall into one of five categories based on the puzzles within the game:
- Linear – Linear style escape rooms have clues and puzzles that build off of one another. You complete the tasks step-by-step.
- Non-linear – With non-linear there are numerous puzzles to solve at the same time. In some cases, all of the puzzles fit together at the end to solve the final puzzle.
- Mixed linear – This is a mix of linear and non-linear puzzles.
- Scavenger hunts – Players must run around the room locating objects that double as clues.
- Red Herrings – Some escape rooms throw in dummy clues and distractions that are meant to create additional challenges.
Some escape rooms are also categorized by their difficulty level. If this is the case, the escape rooms typically range from Level 1 (easiest) to Level 5 (hardest).
When you step inside an Extreme Escape San Antonio escape room you’ve got to be ready for all types of challenges. Our escape rooms primarily fall into the mixed linear and scavenger hunt categories, but each escape room blends a little of both.
Something New Around Every Corner
If you’re looking for things to do in San Antonio that will provide a mental and physical challenge Extreme Escape has you covered. We’ve developed our escape rooms from the ground up using the Japanese style.
Japanese style escape rooms are like being in a real world video game. The rooms are completely decked out based on the escape room’s plot, and players must use their observation skills to find clues before they can solve puzzles. Most of the time, a series of clues or actions must be taken to figure the puzzle out and move on to the next one.
Unique factor is one of the reasons escape rooms have become some of the biggest San Antonio attractions. At Extreme Escape we try to challenge ourselves to create something totally different with each room.
We want players who experience every escape room in San Antonio to walk away feeling like each one had something different to offer. A large part of that effort goes into creating captivating storylines and one-of-a-kind puzzles that incorporate elements of the room.
Try the Newest Escape Rooms in San Antonio!
If you’ve tried all the different types of escape rooms at our original location it’s time to see what’s in store at our new Stone Oak location.