Forget about taking a vacation during June. This year marks the San Antonio tricentennial. That means there’s sure to be plenty of fun things to do in San Antonio all summer long.
Here are a few of our top picks for June San Antonio events you’ve got to experience for yourself.
Celebrate the City’s Spanish History
During June there are a number of tricentennial events that pay tribute to the city’s Spanish history and heritage. Make room on your calendar for:
- Childrens Ballet of San Antonio’s production of Don Quixote – June 1st and 2nd
- Spain to San Antonio: Hispanic Culture on Stage – June 1st-9th
- Maria de Buenos Aires Tango Opera – June 9th and June 10th
- Tricentennial Tour of Spain Bon Voyage Concert – June 17th
- Exhibit Opening for Spain: 500 Years of Spanish Painting – June 22nd
Texas Folklife Festival
Come together with people from 40+ cultural backgrounds to celebrate the uniqueness of San Antonio. The Texas Folklife Festival is a 3-day event full of art, crafts, delicious food and live music. The event highlights how in the heart of Texas you can find a little bit of the whole world.
This year the Texas Folklife Festival is taking place June 8-10th.
Catch a San Antonio Missions Game
Nothing says summer like a baseball game. The San Antonio Missions are in full swing with a busy June schedule. The Missions will be on the road most of the month, but there are 12 home games against the two other Texas teams: Midland and Corpus Christi.
Add extra fun to the event by catching a game on a promo day. Two Dollar Tuesdays are always popular (outfield reserved tickets, parking, sausage wraps and beer are all just $2). Other promo games include:
- June 7th and 21st – Dollar Day means all spectators get hot dogs, sodas and beers for $1.
- June 8th – The Missions become the Flying Chanclas for a few games and fans get a commemorative t-shirt.
- June 18th – Family Night, get four box seats for $24 with an H-E-B receipt.
- June 20th – Military Appreciation Night with a special tribute.
- June 24th – Bark in the Park is a free night where you can bring your furry family member.
Enjoy the Fourth of July Artisan Show
Each month local artisans are selected to participate in the Artisan Show along the Riverwalk. June 29th and 30th will be the Fourth of July Artisan Show. You’re sure to find handcrafted patriotic goods that you can show off during the upcoming holiday.
Heroes Play Free Mondays at Extreme Escape
We’re helping people cool off this summer with a special event every Monday. Heroes Play Free is a weekly event that shows appreciation for the men and women who protect us every day. Military members, EMTs, firefighters and police officers can play any escape room in San Antonio for free! There are currently two Extreme Escape locations with a total of eight escape room adventures.
We’re also giving our heroes’ family members a 15% discount on Mondays and a free Uber ride home. Come experience a whole new side of San Antonio and save money while having fun!
*Also, be on the lookout for other special events like our Open Houses that give guests a behind the scenes look at Extreme Escape.